? ??????????????Tartan Love? ????? ?? ???Rating: 4.7 (41 Ratings)??23 Grabs Today. 38313 Total Grabs. ????
??Preview?? | ??Get the Code?? ?? ????3?? ?????The Best Thing? ????? ?? ???Rating: 4.5 (39 Ratings)??23 Grabs Today. 54296 Total Grabs. ??????Preview?? | ??Get the Code?? ?? ????4? BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS ?

Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Brown rice.

Did you know that brown rice has 50 less calories than regular white rice? And loads more fiber! So my mom went to the store last week and brought home a bag of brown rice. I was very skeptical to say the least. I remember when I was a kid trying it and hating it...so I wasn't sure if I was going to have the same feelings. Anyways, I followed the package directions and it does take a significantly longer time to cook than white rice. The meal for that night was honey glazed salmon fillets upon a bed of brown rice with a side of boiled veggies. To sum it up in one word....DELICIOUS! I am now a brown rice fan and I am recommending it to all of you new dieters. My dad actually said he liked the brown rice better than the white rice! I couldn't believe my ears!

Erik and I have joined the Discovery Health Channel Body Challenge. They have loads of great information and you can keep up with your weight loss journey by tracking your progress daily. You can also make out your own meal plan and exercise schedule. Check it out! http://health.discovery.com/convergence/bodychallenge2006/bodychallenge2006.html?clik=netmain_feat1

I am very excited that some of my friends are jumping on the "healthier lifestyle" band wagon!! I wish everyone luck and a healthier you!

3 comments:

Dina said...

I love brown rice. My all time favorite dish is salsibury steak with a brown gravy with mushrooms over brown rice mixed with peas and chopped up carrots. yummmmmm!

Manda said...

brown rice is awesome.

my mom made a dish the last time i was there that was really good.

brown rice mixed w/ chicken broth, green, red, yellow and orange peppers, onions, and mushrooms... baked w/ chicken breasts. i'll see if i can get the recipe if you're interested. :)

Stacy said...

ooooooh! that sounds delicious! Yeah, send me the recipe!